Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Day

Can I have a day?
One day where I'm first?
A day of acknowledgment and admiration?
My very own day where I'm thought of?
A day where I am appreciated and its shown by action, not empty words?
Where time is spent the way I wanted?
I'm catered to instead of vice versa?
The love I give is reciprocated, genuinely?
Nothing is done out of dread or fear?
A day where I don't feel like I'm just being used?
I'm not expected to do tasks that I really don't have to, but I do in fear of even more rejection and neglect?
A day of respect?
A day where this is done from genuine compassion, not because favors are expected to be returned?
A day where all of this occurs, just because?
Not because it is mentioned?
Just one day?
Not because its my birthday or any special occasion?
If that's too much, I'll accept an hour.
If that's still too much, a minute.
A second, where it can be my day, and I will be the alpha and omega of that day.


My day.

No comments:

Post a Comment