Saturday, December 19, 2009

Nostalgia


Love it. I'm the most nostalgic person I know. I feel like it isn't Christmas until I have seen my 4 favorite things. A Christmas story (the whole 24hr special), hard rock, coco, & joe, the Flintstones Christmas commercial and last but not least the Hershey Kisses bells to "we wish you a merry Christmas". Just watching or typing about that one sends chills up my spine. I love it. Anytime I'm in a bad mood or depressed I can ALWAYS count on nostalgia to save me. It takes me back to a simpler time in my life. I had a great childhood. Although I never got my damn turtle van lol. But nostalgia is my own personal portal to all things good. Especially with these difficult times in the world and my life, it wouldn't hurt if we all kicked back and indulged. If you haven't ever given it a try i suggest you do. Very simple method to happiness. Think of your favorite show, hell even carton for your favorite toy when you were a child, watch it, and TELL ME you don't feel better. Some people so this only with music. There's a deep feeling there, but nothing deeper than actually watching something you remember seeing for the first time. Something that always stuck with you, or something you may have not known that you forgot! My favorite site to use is Retro Junk

No comments:

Post a Comment